Saturday, August 28, 2010

To Do: No Poo

Another "go green" idea.

I can't remember when it started but hair fall has been my problem for years. You'd think Chewbakka was around by the amount of hair you'd find lying around. There was a time that I was so scared of washing my hair or even touching it, for fear of losing even more hair. I've cut my hair, tried various shampoos and hair treatments, but it still hasn't gotten much better. So next thing is to go natural. Might as well shoot two birds with one stone. 

I've read that some people have junked shampoo and just rinse their hair with hot water. Others just use conditioner. I want to ease my hair into it by starting with one teaspoon of baking soda with one cup of water followed by an apple cider vinegar rinse (2 tablespoons in a cup of water).


Got the following from this site:
  • Knead a few tablespoons of olive oil into your dry scalp and hair. Swathe your oiled-up curls with a shower cap and take a thirty minute breather... snooze, toss back a latte, whatever. Then just shampoo as usual to reveal a refurbished mane that even Fabio would envy.
  • Every night, rub your scalp and massage your mane with a solution of 50/50 distilled white vinegar and water. This homemade "hair-product-residue-remover" leaves behind the glistening, polished locks you've always dreamed of.

Some tips:
• If your hair becomes frizzy, try using less baking soda or leaving it on for a shorter period of time. Adding honey may also help. 
• If your hair becomes greasy, try using less apple cider vinegar, switching to lemon or lime juice, leaving out the honey, and/or using a comb instead of a brush. Also, make sure you’re applying the apple cider vinegar just to the ends of your hair. 
• If your scalp itches, try the following essential oils; tea tree, lavender, rosemary. If your hair becomes dry, try a tiny bit of oil (any oil, I use olive) smoothed on bottom of hair.

Next thing to do is make a list of the stuff I need and hit the imported goods store... Will update later :D

No comments:

Post a Comment