Friday, April 11, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

What is it with people who don't have the guts to say what they feel? I am okay with making mistakes, really. But it is not a problem as long as you don't tell me that it is.

A little background... I was asked to give an exam around 2 weeks ago. All I had to do was interview the students and check their essays. Then I could judge who should pass and go to the next level. I passed 3 out of 11 students, 2 of them are now working hard at the next level. I see them frequently. For the past few weeks I've been wondering which class the other one was attending.... I was surprised (unpleasantly!!!) today when I found out that she was still in the previous level. Apparently, she had FAILED and is again preparing to take the exam that from my knowledge, is the exam that she had already PASSED.

It's been almost 3 weeks but until now, nobody has mentioned that they made changes to the comments and grades that I gave out. I know I'm in a different country, I have a new job, and I suppose there are new rules. I know manners and professionalism is sorta out of their vocabulary, but where did good old-fashioned respect go to?

No comments:

Post a Comment